Sunday, October 29, 2023

First Bunny for 2023-2024 Season

 


Seneca has resisted my efforts to bring her to last year's flight weight, but consistently returns to the low 1410s, and is responsive enough at that weight. I decided to go ahead and start our season. First flight was in my yard, mostly to verify her quick response to the lure. The second effort found her very distracted by squirrels, but the cover was so thick to disallow much contact. Third effort was at the park in Spring Grove, where on an unusually warm day we didn't see any squirrels, so moved to Sprague Woods in Caledonia, where we moved nothing.


On our fourth free flight on Thursday October 26 in the brushy area by the fairgrounds in our little town, we moved several bunnies, and she contacted with the approximate fourth one flushed to start the season. I let her crop up to a ridiculous amount to remind her how rewarding following me and pursuing what I flush can mean for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment