Tuesday, March 19, 2024

How's That Knee?

As of the writing of this blog entry I am now four weeks post-op (and one day). I have taken a picture each of the past Mondays and sent that to my surgeon and his Team just to update them on my progress. According to them I am on track for healing. My actual knee joint feels great! I do still have pain and tightness in all the tissue around the surgery site.

Knee scar Week 2


Knee scar Week 3
The skin glue is starting to sluff off.


Knee scar Week 4
All the skin glue is off now (and I shaved my legs). I've started massaging the site with Vit E oil to soften the scar and facilitate release of any adhesions that prevent flexion. 


I can straighten my leg completely. I have been able to pretty much from the beginning. It is flexion I need to work at. Rich found me a stationary bike that I can exercise with and work on that.

Pedal Pedal . . . to knee recovery!





No comments:

Post a Comment