Saturday, November 17, 2018

Two Recent Hunts



Here is the video of the hunt in the posting below, and an additional one Rich edited onto this video.  We are probably getting close to the end of the days I can safely fly the Harris Hawks.  It is frequently not getting above the 20s, and snow fell last night which may stick around for awhile.  It's a good thing I have a cold weather hawk in the works . . . . and a surprise new one.  More on that soon.




In the video I mention that you have to be careful when going in on game with Wyvern.  Sometimes, she may let it go if she feels pressured, and then will pout and not come to me, or even for her rabbit.  She doesn't like sitting on the fist either.  I work around her preferences.  After all, she is not a selectively bred Harris Hawk, but a wild trap.  She gets the job done where it counts, hunting, and if I don't bruise her ego too much, comes at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment