Thursday, July 1, 2010

Recipe

OK . . . right now this blog is just not about falconry at all! It's the off season, and I don't have a bird to take care of. Well . . . I don't have a "falconry" bird that is. I do have 7 chicken chicks that I have set up in a brooder. They are one week old today, and doing well. I am going to post a recipe here. It's not that I want to share it with the world . . . only . . . I'm forever wanting to make my favorite scone recipe, but frequently finding myself away from home in someone else's kitchen, and don't remember the exact ingredients. If I post it here, all I need is a computer connection, and I can consult the recipe. So . . . here it is! It's actually quite a good scone recipe . . . I highly suggest folks try it! Oatmeal Fruit Scones Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Mix together: 1 1/2 cups flour 1/4 cup sugar 1 Tbsp baking powder 1/2 Tsp salt Stir in: 1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats 1/2 cup fruit . . . usually dried . . . I like to use raisins or Craisins (dried sweetened cranberries) Sometimes if you have fresh fruit like black caps or blue berries, use those, but know that the fresh wet berries will make the batter a lot more sticky, and you may have to bake a little longer. Mix then Stir in: 1 large egg 10 Tbsp of melted butter (Yep . . . I said TEN! This is not a dietetic recipe!) 1/3 cup milk Mix it all together, then scoop out a very large Tablespoon of batter, and I like to roll it in my hands and then flatten it somewhat onto a baking sheet . . . so it makes a biscuit like shape. If you have the wetter dough, just scoop out for drop biscuits. Bake for 10-12 minutes . . . . watch it . . . 'cuz at 450 degrees, it will burn easy! After baked, remove from oven, and transfer over to a cool surface, like a sheet of aluminum foil. You can either eat it straight, or mix a bit of confectioners sugar with a little water or milk and drizzle that over the top. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment