Saturday, January 14, 2012

Illness

I have just gotten home today . . . from the hospital!  I was there for 3 days.  Richard had me transported on Wednesday night by ambulance to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse, Wisconsin.  I had a cold, but it went into something worse.  The Infection Team diagnosed influenza, even though all the tests they took didn't indicate such.  I was in a fog most of this last week.  I missed a lot of "fun".  There was the ambulance ride.  Then the Emergency Room and Gundersen.  I was given a neb treatment . . . which is too bad that I wasn't awake to appreciate it.  Richard says I fought it.  They did a Spinal Tap on me . . . lot of fun missed!  I then apparently spent some time in the CCU.  My final move was to a normal room.  I woke up on Friday.  Richard was very glad to see me normal.  I was surprised to find myself in the hospital.  It has been a very unusual event!  I've never experienced anything like this.  Hopefully, I'll not experience it again.  This was my work weekend.  My co-workers kindly picked up my shifts.  I thank them for that . . . I'll get back to work on Thursday and Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment