Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Chimera and Squirrels - First Hunt for those Tree Rats

Recently Rich and I took Chimera to my favorite spot for introducing squirrels to a hawk.  We've pulled a few over the years from this location, and also the occasional bunny, but it truly is a testing ground for squirrels. 

As you can see from the video, which is a little long, she demonstrated that she most definitely will go after them.  We didn't catch one, but will keep trying and presenting her with opportunities.  After about a half hour in the field she left us to go self hunt, which made me a bit nervous as I saw the direction she flew off in, but once we made it down past the creek and back up the hill could neither find her nor hear her bells.  Thankfully, she is well wed to the lure and she returned when I called her. 

Good Bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment