Monday, January 28, 2019

Sumi, Snow and a Great Niece Turns One


Sumi is ready to fly free!  Now I just need to find the time, and also not be right in the middle of a polar vortex that is plunging the nighttime temps down below the -20s.  She comes immediately to a fist call, and is very much wed to the lure.  She is ready!


She is a beautiful bird who I hope I can get onto game before the season ends.


Chimera has been flown many times, but has a habit of flying great distances from where I am kicking up bunnies, which makes her miss them.  She returns to the lure, thankfully.  Maybe a little lower weight will keep her closer.


Over the weekend of January 25 - 27 I traveled down to Illinois to join my sisters to celebrate the first birthday of my great niece, Audrey Nora.  Her mamma, Erica, is here with us.  The party was a tea party themed event, which is why we are all wearing hats.


The Birthday Girl!


Of course she got her own cake to enjoy!


Happy Birthday Baby Larkin!


Erica had the help of all her aunts and friends to set up and then clean up.  It was a fun little party!


Grandma "Gigi" with Audrey, and the gift her Aunty (me) brought her.


Grandpa with his little "Nugget".


Later that evening, we girls got together for a Mexican Food dinner, complete with drinks.



No comments:

Post a Comment