Friday, December 9, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I'm really having a good time this year with both my girls.  Hit Girl is clearly getting the hang of what we are doing.  I've got her target weight pretty well dialed in, and when I release her she gets about the business of hunting right away.  Sometimes she is a bit far roving, chasing a few bunnies I kicked up for far too long when she was not in position when they first ran, but 'stick-to-it-ness' is a good trait.  I should endeavor to set up an opportunity to expose her to jack rabbits, and see how she would do with them.  That involves travel, 'cuz they are not found around here.
She was flown during a very small window on Tuesday morning, when I was involved in a shift change, from daytime the day before to the overnight on Tuesday.  I was able to get out for a couple hours, then run home and get a nap and go to work.  Rich and I were almost ready to call it quits . . . having worked the park for awhile, and had her chase several squirrels and bunnies unsuccessfully . . . when walking back to the car a squirrel bailed in the high top branches of one of the trees I had just walked past.  HG zoomed in and plucked it out of the tree canopy, as easy as pie, and brought it to the ground.  Number 2 squirrel in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment