Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Squirrel . . . . It's What's for Dinner!

On Tuesday evening, squirrel was what was for dinner.  I hereby pronounce the meal . . . good!  Of course, probably just about anything would taste good if you fry it in bacon and bacon grease.  That is how I prepared my squirrel.  After frying to make a crisp cover, it was popped into the oven to broil for awhile.  Next to it was a pan of butternut squash and baking apples, seasoned with a little brown sugar and spices.  It's good with pork, and went great with the fried squirrel.
Biscuits and a little mead finished off the meal.  Now that I look at it, this meal could have used something green.  Ah well . . . too late now.  I'll have to steal a squirrel again from the girls and cook it up for our dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment